Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sharon a Pregnant yuh Pregnant?

Sharon a pregnant yuh pregnant, no mama
Den how yuh look suh sicky sicky, mi seh no mama
Sharon if ah pregnant yuh pregnant yuh cyaan stay here.

Not sure who remembers that old school reggae song. I still love it.

August 2008 was such a busy month that i didn't realise i missed my period and when i did realize i just thought my body was playing tricks on me because i got it twice in July.

The end of the month i started sleeping alot. I would be on the couch and just drift off, wake up and drift off again. I didn't think anything of it, i thought my body was just tired because i work at nights, go to school during the days plus taking care of my mom as she had a surgery on her right shoulder.

We both had a feeling i was pregnant but neither of us wanted to admitt it. Usually every month he would joke and asked if i was pregnant, but the month of August, there was no joke.

I had all the symptoms i usually get every month. The sore breast, the pimple that hurt so bad on the face, the back pain and the bloatedness. I still had some hope that it would come, i even thought it did come but i just didn't remember that it did. The unopen pack of Maxi told me different.

I knew for sure when i was cooking one evening and i could not stay in the kitchen, i ran up stairs and stayed in the room untill he finished cooking for me. It was funny how neither of us said anything, we just went about the rest of the day like normal. Labour day weekend i slept the weekend away, knowing i should go and buy a pregnancy test yet still holding out hope that my period would come. It's weird, it's not that i was afraid of being pregnant or that it would be the end of the world, i've always wanted to be a mother but the timing was just not right. I mean i'm in school and i just had an after school job to eat, buy bus fare and pay my bills. I was like damn why couldn't it be this time next year?

The Saturday after we decided to buy clear blue. I did the test, put the cap back on it and left it sitting in the bathroom, i told him he could do the honours of checking it. I was laying on the couch when he brought it and he was like girl you need to go an check yuhself cause you aint pregnant. He gave me the stick and what did it say? "PREGNANT", "EN CIENTE". Clear blue was as clear as day.

My reaction?. SILENCE followed by tears. Not sure why i was crying, i think i was having mixed feelings. Feelings of happiness but also not so happy feelings lol. He hugged me and ensure me everything would be ok and we promised each other not to say anything untill our 3rd month and first appt.

Boooy let me tell you how keeping such a secret was hard. I had to tell my uncles wife because i needed some direction in finding a OBGYN because my family doctor no longer delivers babies and where i live now, he didn't have referrals for that area. I had to call hospitals in my area and get OBGYN numbers. Gosh that crap is alot of work, it took me 2 weeks and still i end up out of my area because i realized Scarborough hospitals are ghetto lol. Soooo i called the North York General Hospital ( 15 mins from home) has the 2nd best birthing center in Ontario and i got the top 3 OBGYNs. I called my number one but i have issues when the secretary barely speaks English and i don't really fancy women Doctors at all, plus she was no longer accepting patients. Long story short, i called my top 2 and top 3 and left them both a message hoping my top 2 wasn't full. Number 2 called me back and i was a happy little camper because it is close to school, to K's work and right next door to the labs and hospital.

Oh by calling around i realized i was 8 weeks pregnant. EIGHT FLICKIN WEEKS and i had to wait untill i was 12 weeks for an appt. WTF? It was the longest wait everrrrrrrr.

7 comments:

  1. Haha.. You kill me with your writings i swear..

    ReplyDelete
  2. "but the month of August there was no joke" ahhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wooosaaaaaaaaaah!

    That one right deh kill meh dead lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. well yuh cyar be 1/2 pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  4. how yuh mean u doh fancy women doctors?! and i u wife? hmph!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uhmmmm, u will be the only femal Dr. i visit lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Girl you crazy, the name of your blog is very fitting. Bet ya child's life, I'll be following this...lol..good going :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsay Rosenwald http://knol.google.com/k/lindsay-rosenwald/biography-of-lindsay-rosenwald/1o9w67occ8qjz/1 Biography Of Lindsay Rosenwald and various many achievements credited.

    ReplyDelete