Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ah Nuh lie, iz True!!!

October 7th.

Finally, the excruciating pain of waiting was over. I finally get to meet the OBGYN and most importantly i get to know if mi ah go mad or not. For the past couple weeks it was a running joke between me and K. We were like what if when i go to the OBGYN he says girl, get out my office you are not pregnant. LOL, Hahahaa, i would have been soo embarrassed.

We both went to see Dr.Nicholson, this cute old white haired man. He was very nice and informative. We went to the examining room and he checked me out and confirmed that i was indeed pregnant and told me what to expect in the upcoming months. He also scheduled me for an ultrasound and blood work a week later.

He asked me about my diet and asked me if i started on my Materna vitamins. He also suggested that i drank 3 glasses of milk each day. Dat kind a stress mi out for a bit, because (1) i had to tighten my braces and de friggin ting wouldn't allow me to drink cold milk or cold anything (2) Milk wasn't my friend for a bit, it would make me puke like a baby. Drinking warm milk with frosted flakes was the worse, do you have any idea how gross that is? sigh. he also told me how much weight i needed to gain by the end of my pregnancy. I knew i lost couple lbs from the whole braces ordeal and his secretary told me not to worry about it because some women loose their appetite in the first trimester.

Talking about appetite. I had non. I only ate because i had to.

I was the most happiest woman on October 14th. I got to see the little child. I didn't enjoy drinking that 4 bottles of water though. I thought my bladder was going to explode. Seeing this lil thing inside me flipping around was the most AMAZING thing EVER. I couldn't beleive it. I was like, there is really something there? the lady was like yup. I had to drop a tear. Yuh better know i went to the mall and bought the lil bambino a gift, a pack of onsies. Heheheee.

After that visit i felt sooo relieved. I could now share NOW!!! WHohooooooooo.

So i told the crew of girls, my mom and brother. Mommy was being mommy, yuh couldn't wait till yuh done school and get a job? lol typical parent i guess. My brother was excited, he's finally getting that neice or nephew that he's been asking for, for years.

My friends, oh my friends lol. There reactions were awesome, some choked me up. Rashida screamed, and she screamed some more, "we are going to have a baby" lol And then cuss bout how come i didn't tell her sooner.

Amanda's reaction was the most hilarious of them all. I told her i have something to tell her and that she should be sitting down. She asked me if i wanted her to call me. I told her she could if she wanted. She called and i told her. SCREAMS and more SCREAMS, i tell yuh this girl should be in one of those horror movies. She then got upset at the fact that everything is happening while she's away then she started crying because she doesn't want to miss a thing but then realised she wouldn't be back in Toronto untill July lol. She then started pondering. Her light bulbs went off and she was like ok, ok i'll be going to Trinidad i can pass by after trinidad, by the way, when is the baby shower?. I told her i could have the shower the first weekend in March. to accommodate her. She was like ok then, good i'll be there cause i am not missing everything. OH MY GOSH, WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!!!!!! (not i Orica is going to have a baby but WE) and do you know the girl started planning the baby shower since then? came up with a theme and all lol. Her and Rashida just took it and ran with it. I tell yuh dem 2 are something else.

All my friends were happy for me and i felt sooo relieved it was like carrying a big tub of wet clothes on my head. Most people were in disbelief, shit even i was in disbelief. It still wasn't registering that i was going to be a mother, that i was carrying a baby.

1 comment:

  1. awww how sweet. sick head bout wondering if the doc was goin to say get out of my office thats wud be a jk u had to tell me lol i would be on the floor. hahahahha funny and it didnt happen

    ReplyDelete