Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A day to Remember

Today was a bit of an emotional day for me as i watched a man of my hue become the most powerful man in the world. The President of the United States of America!!!!. Can you believe that? I've watched couple movies/tv shows with black presidents and always say to myself, not in this life time. Boy did Obama prove me wrong.


This morning i woke up at 9 am. Showered, brushed my teeth, dressed and made myself some breakfast. I sat myself infront of the television and tuned in to CNN. I wanted to go to school to hand in my evaluation and my hours but i had noooo intention of leaving the house before Obama takes his oath, afta dem paper nuh more important than what i was about to witness. Yuh mad? I was supposed to meet up with one of my classmates too so i called her to give her the heads up and she too wasn't leaving her house untill after the oath. I continued watching the inaug. while i ate my breakfast and i can remember i got chills looking at the crowd. U'd think it was a Beatles concert or something. Unbeleivable, looking at the people in the crowd was like looking at beautiful rainbow. Everyone was there to witness the change.


You folks got a hot first lady and the likkle girl dem sell off!!!!! Malia and Sacha to de WORLLL!!
Tonight will be a great night for Michelle, her dreams of getting daggered in the white house has finally come true. raeeeeeee. Although Amanda thinks they already took a quicky in the bathroom on prior visits LMAO.


While all this was going on "queen mother" was having a grand old time on the inside. I think she felt the Obama fever too and was partying it up. Sometimes it feels like she is knocking on my belly as if its a door, screaming, LET ME OUT!, then other times i just feel she is evil cause she kicks me in some places i never knew her tiny limbs could reach. There are also moments i can see a part of my belly poking out and i try to guess which limb it is. (hands, elbows, knees or feet).


I continued watching the inauguration in anticipation, while smiling at what was happening inside of me. Couple times i managed to hold back some tears, because this day has been along time coming. So many people have died fighting for this moment and i am sure today they were rejoicing because the dream Martin had is no longer a dream. All the little black boys and girls now have true role model to look up to. Obama is a prime example of nothing comes for free, you have to work your ass off to get to where you want to go and the only person that can hold you back is YOU. I really wish Black America would stop looking at him as their God and Saviour and hoping their lives will get much better because a black man is now in office. Your life is going to be the same as you are not doing anything to change it, the men hanging on the streets selling drugs and killing each other will continue to go to jail because they choose that lifestyle. Only you can change your destiny, Obama cannot trod your road for you, he's already walking his. Ok i'm getting a little bit carried away. But mek i cuss Mr. Al Sharpton fuss. That little sensationalist. The only time you see that clown is when something is going down. He is never around when anything positive is going on and when he is, he's busy sipping on haterade.

I was watching the the Obama story on BET couple nights ago and this little foolio said " if at the end of his term, black men are still going to jail in numbers, then Obama being president would have been for nothing" WTF? is he serious?


Anywho lol, you remember that project i'm supposed to be doing? Well nothing got done today. Right after the oath, i went to school. I did walk to and from the bus stop though, hehehe. Not a bad walk especially in all that snow and cold. I got home pretty late cause i was out browsing in stores.


Tomorrow the hard work starts for the President and for me too.

3 comments:

  1. "Tonight will be a great night for Michelle, her dreams of getting daggered in the white house has finally come true. raeeeeeee. Although Amanda thinks they already took a quicky in the bathroom on prior visits LMAO."

    at least i eh de only one thnking it!

    as for dat hateraide drinking ass of a Al sharpton..he need to be looking for a blessing ...and a baptism in fire...he is one size of an ass..no actually he is 2 ass in one...and real full ah sh!t

    ah done dey..mek meh sin meh soul on de fool...

    trini sis signing out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, leave it up to me to say exactly what the people thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.. Ah bwoy dis oman said daggered in the white house.. Only you lol

    ReplyDelete