Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Registery

Yesterday was a stressful and tiring day But i am glad the registery is done and over with. My only stress now is hoping people stick to the list cause jah know seh it too cold outside for me to be returning things. Plus i was a bit confused as to what is supposed to go on it (1) is it presumtious of me to add a stroller that cost over $200? (2) is it cheap of me to put baby bottles and small tings like that? (3) better yet, am i supposed to add diapers and baby whipes to the registery too? (Kristen, yuh was about to get a phone call from the the 2 novice lol). All those questions were swimming around in my head but i scanned away anyway. It was so hard not to scan everything cause in my head the baby needs everything lol. It is soo easy to go crazy in those stores but i controlled myself.

Looking for car seats and strollers is like shopping for a car. These things comes with all kind of features. They have this new stroller that shows the temperature, i was like WTF? Next thing you know they will be adding hydraulics, rims, speakers, video and cd changer.

SEARS, what a hot mess of a place. I was told it's a good place to register, i tried registering online but it just wasn't happening. They didn't have much to choose from. I thought the store would be much better, oh boy was i wrong. First of all walking into the baby department you'd think it was the day after boxing day. No order to the place. The strollers were ugly, car seats were even uglier, They had like 3 cribs on display. The young girl who helped me kept refering to the baby catalogue as if it was any different from the store, scanty just the same. After catching a headache from being so confused and annoyed, i scanned couple things and bolted.

We went to Babies R US. I had already registered online but i wanted to see the strollers and car seats in person before adding them. When i walked in, i felt waaay lighter. The place was bright, clean and organized. I found my stroller travel system, a play pen and a basinet. I also saw other things that were not available on the website. You know i went crazy with the scanner right? lol.

At one point i paused for a second and said to my cousin "oh my gosh i'm shopping for a baby, my baby, can you beleive it"? lol

We saw a crib that we liked. Real solid wood that transforms into a day bed and a double bed. However, the young lady who assisted us told us that alot of cribs were recalled and they would be getting new ones in the upcoming months. SO, we decided to hold out on getting a crib untill we see what they come with next. You know i had to cuss the lil dry head gyal at Sears in my head right? for someone with 2 children and expecting again, she shouldn't have withhold such vital information from a first timer. What if i did get one of those cribs and de bottom drop out with the baby in it eeeh?

You know what else i found confusing? those rockers. They have way too many to choose from and they alllll have the same features. Boy, i did settle on one though but i don't know if i like it. I'll go back to the website to check out the others and the reviews.

I don't know if i'm missing anything. I just have to buy stuff for myself and stock up on diapers (2's and 3's) and whipes.

2 comments:

  1. Yuh ass getting a bottle of rum from me. 9 months no liquor, you'll need it when the baby has you up all hours of the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, you speaks my language Dex, 1919 and crans.

    ReplyDelete