Sunday, March 8, 2009

Showers of Love and Blessings

Happy shower dayyy, was my greeting with a nicely rolled diaper with a pink bow tied around it. Everyone was hustling and bustling. Alicia and i just sat around and watched while keeping an eye on the clock as i had a appointment at 1pm. I had to go and prettify miself at M.A.C. If you've been through pregnancy before i'm sure you know how drained and run down a person can look. I wasn't having that crap. Nope, i had to look swanky from head to toe my people. I went back to the mall AGAIN with my head looking like a crazy woman, got my make up done and did some running around with Kwame. We reached back home and i got myself dressed......when i was all put together i burst out in song...."i feel pretttyyyy, i feeel prettty and wittty and gaaaay" lol, that is my song right thur.

Now, we were all ready and we headed to the location. When we walked in, the people all clapped lol, it felt so wedding receptionish. I walked around and hugged and thanked everyone for coming. OMG guys, let me tell you about the room. The girls did an AMAZING job. I have never been to a baby shower so posh lol, for real. The girls made a cake out of diapers, it served as the big center piece. The other center pieces were rolled up diapers wrapped in pink and brown bow ties. It was all too beautiful. The food was amazing, god bless mi uncle for that coconut shrimp, it was Banging. The games were fun and the people seemed to enjoyed playing them. The music was nice and easy going. I loved every minute of it. They gifts were awesome, i got everything i wanted from my registery....well almost and up to this day i'm in awe at how much we are loved. We really do have great people around us.

Of course my day didn't go off without a glitch, but i've decided not to focus my energy on the negative. I'm truely thankful for the people i call friends and events like these is when we find out who is really down for us. If my eyes were not open before now it is.

Again, thanks to my N.A.Ps planning committee; Rashida, Amanda and Tamar and the lovely people who contributed their time; Alisa, Uncle T, Lucretia, Amanda's mommy, daddy And Kwame. Ohhh and Chris for providing the people with some nice music and last but not least picture man Neddy Nyce. Neddy did a wonderful job with the pictures. I cannot forget my friends who traveled from, Houston and New york to share this moment with me and also the ones who were planning to attend but couldn't. I also thank them for the gifts they sent in their absents. I love you guys to infinity and thanks for loving me back.

5 comments:

  1. well yuh know i take a wine and a drink for yuh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so happy you enjoyed yourself!! I had no idea you were so excited, but from reading your other posts now I know. You are truly loved don't ever forget that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how sweet this is what i was missing when i wasnt reading . sorry cous i will be reading from now on until that princess arrive until u atop writing

    ReplyDelete
  4. woooow! again u have waaaaaaay kooool frens!!! PPl come from US just for your shower? U are loved girl! I want kool frens like those :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girll you just don't know how hard it was to try and plan this without including you...I am happy you had fun at your shower though...

    ReplyDelete