Friday, March 20, 2009

Changes :(

Couple days ago i stood infront the mirror looking at myself. I noticed some faint stretched marks and i thought to myself, cool they are faint, it's not that serious. I wanted to see what was going on on the other side (uder the belly) so i grabbed the hand held mirror. A tears fell from my eyes because i knew then, i'll never wear a 2 piece or a carnival costume ever again. By looking at it, i could tell it's going to be around my belly button. My sides will be ok, but if u know me i'm already self conscious about the stretch marks i have on my butt and nobody has ever seen me in bathing suit without a shorts over it. SO imagine now? lol. All i kept saying to my self was "thank god i wasn't stupid enought to get knocked up in my early 20's because all the therapy in this world couldn't help me". Honestly i can see why women get an abdominoplasty, not that i ever knock them for getting it or any surgery for that matter but this shit really plays on your selfesteem and your emotions. This isn't a small cahnge at all, for me it is HUGE. I am used to my body being one way and now i don't even want to imagine what it will look like after the belly goes down. Lets hope it nuh look like Freddy Crougars face all scared up, wrinkled up with flaps that can cover my face. That would be reason enough to fall into postpartum depression.

My Lesson for the day? Do not listen to the people who tell you "oh, if you don't see stretch marks by the end of month 6, that means you wont get em" ERRRRM, WRONG. Your belly grows rapidly within your last month of pregnancy, so it only makes sense that if you are going to get stretch marks that's when they will make themselves visible.

Lesson #2: No amount of bio oils, oils with vitamin E's, shea butters, cocoa butters gonna help yuh. If you were destined to have stretch marks you will get them. The oils and lotions only help with the itching and dryness, nothing else.

Sooo, word to the wise, if you know you got issues like me, i say the money you gonna use to pay a therapist, put it in a jar and call it the mommy sugery funds lmao.

6 comments:

  1. lol u giving me another reason not to have a child other than the bold at the top of the list pain. O man. u brave! blessing and respect for your brave step and journey. I think I'd need therapy if I found out i was pregnant. O Lord! I don't know why this is such a phobia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know i am destine to have stretch marks.. Its ok hun i am sure you still look hot STRECTCH MARKS and all.. Its just something to throw in baby girls face when she giving you problems lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have asked your mother if she has stretch marks..typically, if your mom had them, so will you. Part of the process of being a mommy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was putting all my money on genetics....but i lost. Mommy has no stretch marks. No where on her body. Please doh ask mi how i know lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol how u know? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the heads up about the cocoa butter and stretch mark , u knw how long mi a rub all now . i was wondering if is cow skin me one have suh mek they weren't leaving. feel much better now. (sight) . frizzle

    ReplyDelete